The following photos were taken by Jeff Loftin Photography and were used on this website with permission:
The following photos were taken by Mercedes Morgan Photography and were used on this website with permission:
The following photo was taken by Haydon Photography and was used on this website with permission:
The following photo was taken by Susanne Michelle Photography and was used on this website with permission:
The following photo was taken by Allison Notgrass with Focal Point Photographics and was used on this website with permission:
The following photo was taken by Eric Kotara Photography and was used on this website with permission:
The following photo was taken by Sherry Hammonds Photography and was used on this website with permission:
Carefree Coordinator and Owner of Carefree Weddings
My wedding day was the best day of my life - and - embarassingly, at times - I still get happy tears just thinking about it. My goal is for you to have that kind of day: That perfect day full of love for you and your partner. Keeping on top of the many details of an important event can get overwhelming. I am a perfectionist by nature, and encourage that you let me do the hard stuff for you! Meanwhile, you and your partner can relax and enjoy your day. You can trust me to be an extension of yourself when it comes to your wedding details, including being your advocate after the wedding. This benefit can save you time, disappointment and money, in the unfortunate event that something isn't perfect with any of your other trusted vendors - you don't have time for that on your wedding day! I do- and I can make sure you never hear about it. ;)
I can't wait to see what exciting ideas and plans you have, and how I can help you make them come to life. Having the ability to plan and help execute important events for others is my dream come true! When I'm not helping with weddings and events, I enjoy spending time with my husband Jay, our son Pax, and our four pets (feel free to ask about them)!
Officiant and founder of Carefree Weddings
I am so excited for you both!
Weddings are on my list of favorite things. I love everything about them – the couple in love, the décor, the fashion, the cake, the photos (!), and the little touches that express personalities. I even love the planning and execution of weddings – that’s why I love my job so much!
I’m often asked how I started doing weddings…I went to a bridal show in 2008 shortly after becoming engaged for the second time (we don’t all get it right the first time) and there I met a Day of Wedding Coordinator – I had never even heard of this concept before; we didn’t have them the first time I was married. In the interest of making a long story short, I was enamored of the idea, begged for a chance to be an assistant/partner/intern/anything and she took a chance on me. I haven’t looked back since.
I’m so fortunate to have finally found my calling. It is to ensure you have the Carefree wedding day you deserve. As a Certified Wedding Planner (C.W.P.) I am happy to offer full on planning services but my specialty lies in Day of Wedding Coordination. As your Wedding Details Coordinator it is my honor to take over all of your careful planning so you – and those you love – can just sit back and enjoy your day. I am also an Ordained Minister and will be happy to assist you in crafting the perfect ceremony to celebrate your unique love.
I can’t wait to meet you and learn more about you!
What does a Day-Of Coordinator do exactly?
- We get to know every detail of your wedding so that we know it as well as you do. We will even help you create a timeline for your event so that nothing is missed. Once your day arrives, we take care of everything – greet your wedding professionals, oversee set up ensuring every last detail is to your specifications, coordinate your wedding party, and the events of the evening - When you have driven off to begin your happily ever after, we even take care of cleaning everything up.
What is the difference between an On-Site Coordinator and a Day-Of Coordinator?
- In the simplest terms, an On-Site Coordinator works for the venue, a Day-Of Coordinator (DoC) works for you. But obviously it is more than that! A DoC handles all of the details on your wedding day so you – and everyone you love – can enjoy your day.
If I have an On-Site Coordinator, do I really need a Day-Of Coordinator?
- That depends – some venues have amazing On-Site Coordinators that will cater to your every need. But most venues only provide a person to open the door and lock up at the end of the evening – or perhaps they only supervise the catering staff or follow the timeline. Make sure you are clear which function your On-Site Coordinator will perform.
Will you travel?
- Though we are located in Austin, Texas we are more than happy to travel anywhere a couple in love needs us. Rather than increase prices across the board, we decided to adopt a travel fee for locations requiring more than an hour travel time – usually a tank of gas or overnight accommodations depending on location.
What is an Officiant?
- The Officiant is the person that performs the ceremony and can be secular or non-secular. At Carefree Weddings, all of our Officiants are Open to All. Love is love.
Can you do religious ceremonies?
- Although most of our weddings tend to be non-denominational, many incorporate elements of religion. Every ceremony is crafted to reflect each couple’s unique love though we do have a large selection of past ceremonies to get you started.
I don’t live in Austin – do I have to have a Travis County marriage license?
- In the state of Texas, you can get your marriage license in any county in the state and be married in any county in the state. It is not specific to where the ceremony takes place. The license cannot be obtained more than 89 days and no less than 72 hours prior to the wedding.